Postdoc (m/f/d) position in Lung research
News from Aug 29, 2022
The Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin is looking for a highly motivated and committed postdoctoral candidate for the laboratory of Prof. Marcus Mall in the Department of Department of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Immunology and Critical Care Medicine - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany. The main focus of the group is the investigation of the disease mechanisms and development of new ther-apeutic strategies for cystic fibrosis and other chronic lung diseases (https://www.bihealth.org/en/research/research-groups/marcus-mall). The laboratory works mainly with mouse models and samples from patients with chronic lung diseases applying cell culture, molecular, electrophysiological and microscopic techniques. Within the CRC 1449 - Dynamic Hydrogels at Biointerfaces - we study the function of mucus in the healthy lung and its role in the pathogenesis of chronic lung diseases. We offer an open, supportive, dynamic and motivating academic environment with excellent training opportunities and in-terdisciplinary collaborations in translational lung research.
• Independent planning, organization and conduct of treatment studies in mouse models as well as in vitro studies of patient-derived cell culture models and mucus samples
• Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and autopsy of experimental animals for cell isolations from BAL fluid and lung tissue
• Molecular biology, immunobiochemistry and histomorphological techniques including ELISA, PCR, histology, immunohisto-chemistry and immunofluorescence
• Functional studies of mucus rheology and transport (macro- and microrheological methods including microscopy)
• Mentoring of MD and PhD students and technicians
• Analysis of experimental data
• Writing of publications and grant proposals
• PhD thesis in a relevant field (biology, biotechnology, life sciences)
• Profound knowledge and practical skills in the areas of experimental animals, molecular biology, biochemistry,
• Practical skills with experimental animals (mouse) and valid FELASA-B certificate
• High motivation and commitment, high quality work
• Good team player
• Reliability and flexibility
• Proficient in English language
How to apply?
We are looking forward to your application including: a one-page motivation letter indicating prior research experience and future goals, full CV with relevant certificates, a publication list, as well as two reference letters.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send all documents in one pdf to Prof. Dr. med. Marcus Mall (email@example.com) by 30.09.2022. Inquiries about the position should be directed to Dr. Nora Kofoed-Branzk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Charité is committed to excellence through diversity and in particular to increasing the proportion of women among the scientific staff, and provide an inclusive and family- friendly environment. Applications from women are explicitly encouraged. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference.